...dare I say the C word!? Well, it's certainly feeling more autumnal in the air than a few weeks ago. And we've been working hard to create some delicious preserves for the looming holiday season. So with that said, we'll be offering some lovely gift sets very shortly for a lovely early bird price! So check back here soon and our facebook page.
Thank you for making us a finalist at The Food Awards Wales!
Cwrtau Bach would like to say a big thank you to our customers for
voting for us in this year's Food Awards Wales. It really is an honor to
be considered a favourite producer.
The awards ceremony took place on 18th April at the Mercure Cardiff
Holland House Hotel and it was quite a night. It's not everyday I get to
dress up, be photographed on a 'red carpet',
enjoy a dinner and rub shoulders with other professionals in the food
industry. So although I didn't bring home an award this year, it was an
evening to be remembered.
Going beyond our Welsh Borders
We at Cwrtau Bach are pleased to announce our products are now available on cravedlondon.com - a super foodie website based
in London with a wide array of top quality UK produced goods. They provide profiles on all their suppliers so you know
the source of your food. Not just ambient goods, but fresh foods including lovely cheeses and meats, can be purchased too. This site is definitely
worth exploring. Check out cravedlondon.com now.
Other places to find our products online include Big Barn and most recently
boroughbox.com. Search by our name to find our shop. Both
sites have a great selection of UK artisan producers.
7 ways to use Cwrtau Bach’s Ravenous Red Pepper & Olive Tapenade
At markets and other
events, I am often asked how I would use our Ravenous Red Pepper & Olive Tapenade.
So instead of simply telling people and hoping they’ll remember, I thought it best if I put in print my favourite ways
to use our award-winning product..
1. The No-brainer: Dip with crusty bread or crackers: the obvious choice and best appetizer for a dinner party (or late night snack!)
2. Fantastic Fish: Bake or grill any white fish or salmon, then simply add a healthy dollop of
tapenade for an instant gourmet dish
3. The Creamy Dip: Mix tapenade with mayonnaise or Greek-style yoghurt for a vegetable platter, with breadsticks or a decadent sandwich spread
4. Best Salad Dressing: Add one or two teaspoons to a vinaigrette, either homemade or store-bought.
Make your own 1 part red or white wine vinegar; 2 parts extra virgin olive oil; salt and pepper to taste. I store mine any leftover dressing
in a jam jar in the fridge.
5. Give Pizza some Oomph: If you make your own pizza, smear tapenade on the pizza base before adding your toppings. Even quicker pizza?
Slice a baguette lengthwise, smear on tapenade, add mozzarella and parmesan (or cheddar is you must) and place under grill
for a couple minutes. Delicious!
6. More Pizza (and Pasta) Oomph: If you don’t think the kids would be too keen on pure tapenade, mix a couple
teaspoons with tomato passata and a teaspoon of tomato puree to make your pizza (or pasta sauce).
Take it a step further with a good dash of balsamic vinegar, if you like a super rich flavoured sauce.
7. The Vegan Love: For a filling vegan meal, toss tapenade into cooked pasta and/or grilled vegetables such as courgettes (zucchini),
aubergines (eggplant), red onion slices, red peppers, artichokes, and fennel. Devine!